Appalachia Technologies Blog
Don’t Gamble with Your Cybersecurity: Appalachia Technologies to Host a Live Event on October 19, 2022
P R E S S R E L E A S E
Grantville, PA: On Wednesday, October 19, Appalachia Technologies will be hosting a free in-person cybersecurity summit at the Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course for regional CIOs, CISOs, and IT Security Leaders.
This event brings together Appalachia’s top cybersecurity experts as well as global cybersecurity vendors and community leaders to update and educate attendees on the latest threats to organizational security while offering practical solutions.
The event will begin with a keynote by William (Wil) Klusovsky, Global Industry Cybersecurity Lead, Avanade, who will speak on "The Future of Cybersecurity".
The event will also feature a number of educational sessions on best practices for cybersecurity. Speakers and presentations include:
- The Power of Automation – Yoel Alvarez, Sr. Security Engineer, Appalachia Technologies
- Don’t Trust Me… Weighing Zero Trust with the Demand for More Access – Scott Davis, President of the Cybersecurity Association of Pennsylvania and Senior Sales Engineer with Liongard
- Stop Attackers in Their Tracks – Rafael Sanchez, Lead Sales Systems Engineer, AT&T Business Cybersecurity
- Tales from the SOC - Curtis McPherson, Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, Appalachia Technologies
- The Last Line of Defense – Derek Dowhower, Director of Technology, Appalachia Technologies
In a Fireside Chat, several prominent business leaders will share the challenges they have faced and how they addressed them. The panel will be moderated by nationally recognized cybersecurity influencer Mike Miller. Panelists include:
- Greg Day, Director of IS and Technology Infrastructure, Shippensburg University
- Don Martin, CTO, McNees Law
- Mike Sage, CIO, County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania
Throughout the event, attendees will enjoy a catered lunch and cocktail hour, followed by free time to enjoy the casino.
Regional IT leaders interested in attending the summit can register on Eventbrite at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/405376671537.
About Appalachia Technologies, LLC:
Headquartered in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, Appalachia was founded in 2004 and is a Best Places to Work in PA for 6 years in a row. Appalachia has been named as a Top 250 MSSP by MSSP Alert, and as a Top 500 MSP by CRN. Appalachia is a SOC 2, Type II Audited company.
At Appalachia Technologies, we help businesses in our community stay ahead of the latest cybersecurity threats through a combination of technology, service, and education. We begin with a security risk assessment of the environment and then we build a cyber security roadmap to identify and prioritize improvements to your overall security posture. Our managed security services allow you to focus on your business goals and objectives, while our SOC (Security Operations Center) proactively monitors, manages and responds to security events in your environment.
For more information, visit: https://appalachiatech.com/